|Probably the last time I wear this shirt….|
|Roar Lions Roar!|
- Founders of Ben & Jerry’s learned how to make ice cream through a Penn State correspondence course
- Penn State employee/researcher Erwin Wilhelm was the first person to “see” an atom and it happened at Penn State University
- The first African-American man in space, Guion Bluford Jr, is a Penn State Alumni
- Penn State chemists/staff were the ones behind the foundation for what is now birth control.
- Presidents, CEOs (current and former), and founders of these companies are Penn Staters:
- Verizon Wireless
- Fischer Price
- The Disney Channel
- Etc. Etc. Etc.
- Countless athletes, politicians, and TV personalities are amongst Penn State Alumni
- Home of the largest student-run philanthropy in the country raising MILLIONS for kids fighting cancer
I could go on and on. I will not let this scandal overshadow Penn State’s contributions to me, the state, the country … and yes, even the world.
This rant is not meant to take the focus away from the victims, but instead to show that this single incident does not define or represent the university and it’s history.
We are … STILL Penn State.